Prepare your taste buds for a savory journey with this Slow Cooker Beef Tips recipe. Tender sirloin steak strips, nestled with onions and mushrooms, slow-cooked to perfection in a rich and flavorful broth. Let your slow cooker do the work, and in return, you’ll be rewarded with a comforting and hearty dish that’s perfect over brown rice, buttered egg noodles, or creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into strips, excess fat trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine + splash for deglazing
- 2-½ cups fat-free beef broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup cold water, whisked together
- Place the sliced onions and mushrooms into the bottom of a 4.5-quart slow cooker.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak strips generously with salt and pepper, then add them to the hot skillet. Sear the meat on all sides for about 3 minutes; it’s okay if it’s not cooked through.
- Place the seared meat into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- Splash a couple of tablespoons of red wine into the hot skillet, scraping the bottom to remove any browned bits. Add this flavorful liquid to the slow cooker.
- Season the beef with pepper once more and add Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover and slowly whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cover again and cook on high for an additional 45 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve the luscious beef tips over your choice of brown rice, buttered egg noodles, or creamy mashed potatoes.
In conclusion, this Slow Cooker Beef Tips recipe is a testament to the beauty of slow-cooking, allowing flavors to meld and meat to become fork-tender. Elevate your dinner table with this hearty and comforting dish that’s not only easy to make but also delivers a burst of savory goodness. Enjoy this delightful creation with your favorite side and savor each bite of this succulent slow-cooked masterpiece!