Indulge in the rich and savory world of Philly Cheesesteak Pasta, where the classic flavors of a beloved sandwich meet the comforting embrace of pasta. This recipe combines the goodness of ground beef, the earthiness of mushrooms, and the gooey allure of provolone cheese, all enveloped in a luscious French onion soup sauce. Let’s dive into the ingredients and step-by-step directions to create a culinary masterpiece that brings the spirit of Philadelphia to your dining table.
Ingredients: Gather the following ingredients for a taste journey to the City of Brotherly Love:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 pound coarsely chopped provolone cheese
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can French onion soup
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Boil the Pasta: Place a large pot on the stove and bring the heat to high. Let the water come to a boil and add the penne pasta. Cook until firm to the bite, then drain and set aside.
- Cook the Ground Beef: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s crumbly and brown. Once cooked, remove it from the skillet and transfer it to a clean plate.
- Sauté Vegetables: In the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of butter. Allow it to melt, then add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté until they become soft and golden brown. Add the chopped green peppers and onions, sautéing until they also become soft.
- Create the Sauce: Turn the heat down to low, then add Worcestershire sauce and French onion soup to the skillet. Stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Make the Cornstarch Slurry: In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch with a little water to create a slurry. Add this slurry to the skillet and stir until the mixture thickens, creating a luscious sauce.
- Combine Pasta and Beef: Reintroduce the cooked ground beef into the skillet, along with the cooked pasta. Toss everything until well combined, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Add Provolone Cheese: Introduce the coarsely chopped provolone cheese to the mix. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt completely, creating a velvety and cheesy texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and Savor: Dish out the Philly Cheesesteak Pasta onto plates, ensuring each serving is generously adorned with the gooey cheese and flavorful sauce. The fusion of classic cheesesteak elements and pasta promises a delightful dining experience.
Conclusion: In conclusion, the Philly Cheesesteak Pasta recipe is a celebration of textures and tastes, offering a comforting and flavorful twist on the iconic sandwich. This dish brings together the heartiness of ground beef, the earthiness of mushrooms, and the cheesy richness of provolone in a harmonious blend. Whether you’re a fan of Philly cheesesteaks or simply seeking a hearty and satisfying meal, this recipe is sure to become a go-to favorite. So, gather your ingredients, unleash your inner chef, and savor the delicious fusion of flavors in every delightful bite. Enjoy!